Saturday 18 April 2009

Here We Go Again...

So, another tour, and of course another blog. This time a slightly shorter tour due to election campaigns and babies, but a tour none the less. We're in the "Stansted Skyline Hotel" with our free shuttle bus booked for tomorrow at 5.00am (i know ridiculous isn't it), after only a short argument over the word free - which disappointed me. I was all ready for a proper confrontation, would have provided the evenings entertainement at least, there's not much to do round here within walking distance and with almost all your money in Euro's. In the end we decided to venture from our hotel to find food and having walked through to the far side of the village and found nothing were told that there is a town in the opposite direction with plenty of places to eat. We found a few takeaways (useless given it was half an hour walk back to our hotel and cold takeaway in a hotel room sounds unappealing at best), an Italian (not happening, I love Italian food but not when we're about to spend two and a half weeks eating real Italian food I'm not settleing for some over priced imitation shit) and finally, after having to call Abbey to get my debit card fixed*, an Indian which was very nice, even if we we're a little strapped for cash!
*Abbey cancelled my card after the hotel tried to use it to pay (not that I'd asked them too), and it didn't have enough money in it, which I knew it didn't, thats why i didn't try to use it! This of course is in the same day that I withdrew £250 from that account, and money from both my other accounts, to buy Euro's, after years of withdrawing £20 or £30, at most £50, once every week or two. OK maybe I see why they cancelled it!
Scott rambles, i was going to say i would provide a more apt summary of our trip so far but then i realised he'd pretty much covered al the bases! Lol. Hotel is a bit of a rip off, i am still very fat but managed to walk about 100 miles to get dinner, i was ready to eat the waiters arm by the time it arrived!!
I told scott that after 2 and a bit weeks in italy he will have to roll me off the plane! I am going to try and put him to bed now coz we have to be up in about 5 hours. Lots of love to all of you,
Scott, Dani and Bump. xxxxx


Song of the Moment (its tradition now isn't it): White Snake - Here I (we) Go Again

1 comment: